RE: Virus Update

  • From: Christian Nielsen
  • Date: Thu May 04 18:12:08 2000

On Thu, 4 May 2000, Rachel Luxemburg wrote:

> Mutations have also been spreading.
>
> Look out for messages with a subject line of "fwd: Joke" and an attachment
> named "Very Funny.vbs". Aside from the name change it's identical to "I LOVE
> YOU".

Yes, see my earlier email about this. That is why it was suggested for
everyone to filter all .vbs files from their mail systems. Who really needs
.vbs files anyways?

Who runs .exe when they come in via email? Who runs any program. If you send
me a .exe or anything that can run, it goes in the trash (ok /dev/null/).
Didnt some people get hit with high phone charges last year or so when they
downloaded some porn .exe file and it changed their dialup information?
education is the key here...

Christian