Re: Re: New Federal Law (COPPA)

  • From: Shawn McMahon
  • Date: Fri Apr 21 23:08:03 2000

It's worse than that.

Giving something away in a contest that's illegal in Florida?

Sorry, can't ask what state they're from without parental permission.

Need their email address for password verification?  Sorry.

Effectively, this bars children from accessing the net, since companies
won't be able to affordably comply.

And all to protect children from something that their parents can far more
effectively protect them against.