Re: New Federal Law (COPPA)

  • From: John Hall
  • Date: Fri Apr 21 18:14:50 2000

IANAL, but my reading of the law and FTC's requirements confirms your
suspicion.  Once you ask their age, then you materially "know" it and
become subject to this law.  Better not to ask their age or not collect
any info, if their age is 13 or below.

JMH

--
John Hall <j.hall@f5.com>                                     F5 Networks, Inc.
Senior Test Engineer                                          206-505-0800

I could dance with you till the cows come home.  On second thought, I'd rather
dance with the cows till you come home.
		-- Groucho Marx