Re: Peering Table Question

  • From: Forrest W. Christian
  • Date: Thu Apr 20 11:56:23 2000

On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, I Am Not An Isp wrote:

> In Other Words: Network B is carrying 1500 byte packets 3000 miles, and
> Network A is carrying 64 byte packets 3000 miles.

Ahhh now I see...  Network B is actually carrying ~25x the traffic for a
given flow.....  Thus is costs them 30x as much for the cross-country
piece, and thus Network A should in some way help out with the costs.

- Forrest W. Christian (forrestc@imach.com) KD7EHZ
iMach, Ltd., P.O. Box 5749, Helena, MT 59604      http://www.imach.com
Solutions for your high-tech problems.                  (406)-442-6648