Re: Arlington and Fort Worth, Texas

  • From: David Lesher
  • Date: Thu Mar 30 18:19:59 2000

Unnamed Administration sources reported that Stephen Sprunk said:

> I understand there are safety implications for the public, facility staff,
> and emergency services.  I would support a proposal for mandatory markings,
> access control, environmental containment, fume ventilation, or any other
> reasonable safety measures; I can't support any proposal that effectively
> bans batteries.

And to be blunt, considering the contents of modern buildings;
I'd almost rather be in the battery room. They make rocket fuel
out of the same stuff as in furniture stuffing and carpets/padding.
Once it starts.....

What DOES scare the shit out of me is battery rooms built by
idiots; including those who THINK they know what they are doing,
as well as the "It's just a few batteries" crowd.

It's too bad Admiral Rickover was so successful; we could use a
generation of retired Diesel-electric boat batteryroom rates.