Re: Alternative to BGP-4 for multihoming?

  • From: Peter A. van Oene
  • Date: Sun Mar 12 12:03:32 2000

F5's 3DNS will accomplish the same.  The redundancy is provide via DNS as
opposed to having to worry about network advertisements via BGP4.

Essentially, the 3DNS box assumes the DNS entry for the site for which the
customer requires multihoming and it intelligently balances traffic amongst
any geographically disparate sites.  This allows for high availability.

On 3/1/00 at 5:42 PM Hank Nussbacher wrote:

>Radware has a product called Linkproof and claims that it negates the need
>for BGP-4 and portable IP addresses:
>
>http://www.radware.com/product/lproof/Default.htm
>
>I have a customer that requires multihoming and they want to use Linkproof
>and I want them to do BGP-4.  Does anyone have any experience using this
as
>an alternative to BGP-4?
>
>Thanks,
>Hank