RE: [long] Re: DDoS: CAR vs TCP-Intercept vs NetFlow

  • From: Rubens Kuhl Jr.
  • Date: Mon Feb 28 22:08:37 2000

> Other stuff: NetFlow and CEF
> Fun stuff.
> Netflow: Don't think of NetFlow in any other capacity other than for
>trace-back capabilities:

Thanks for the long answer, but this question was actually on how the router
performance impact of CAR or TCP-Intercept changes between using CEF
switching (ip route-cache cef, default) and CEF-Flow switching (ip
route-cache cef + ip-route cache flow). Although NetFlow impacts router
performance a little, running CEF-Flow makes large access-list processing
faster than just running CEF; I think some other features (IPSec ?) also
have performance gains. I was wondering whether CAR and/or TCP-Intercept
would have better performance with CEF-Flow.

Rubens Kuhl Jr.