Re: Need routing engineer from Verio

  • From: Dave Curado
  • Date: Sun Feb 27 21:44:21 2000

> What I think is import for the new engineers is to have a list of
> those phone numbers handy.  Lauren Nowlin was nice enough to import
> her list of every noc into my Palm.  I think it would be wonderfully
> useful to make such a Palm list public so every engineer can have it
> handy everywhere they are.

Or how about just text.  I've often thought it would be a good idea
to share the various phone numbers we all have -- the only problem
is keeping the list up to date.  As these numbers change quite a bit,
some verification needs to be put in place.

Perhaps a text based list, in a given format, with a "last verified"
date included.  That would give the person using it some expectation
of the validity of the number.  If each contributor of a number would
verify the numbers before contributing them, the work would be
distributed, and would stand some chance of making the idea a reality.

If the format (schema) is set to something specific, people can do
what they want with the information -- push it on to pilots, etc.