Re: Funk *that* (was Re: whois broke again?)

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Sun Feb 20 01:44:17 2000

On Sun, 20 Feb 2000 01:32:35 EST, "Leonard, Jason M." <Jason.Leonard@wcom.net>  said:
> How hard could it be to maintain a mirror or something close to a mirror?
> I'm willing to donate a box and a few hours a week.  Email me off list with
> your input and I'll post the results.

A mirror would help if the primary server was unreachable.

The problem being reported NOW is the  spewage of data that claims
to be correct.  Unless you run your mirror in a "pull, wait 8 hours
for verification, and THEN commit" mode, the mirror will be spewing
the same broken data.

				Valdis Kletnieks
				Operating Systems Analyst
				Virginia Tech