identifying ASN

  • From: Mark Kent
  • Date: Thu Feb 10 13:47:08 2000

With all this talk of tracing attacks I just noticed that
whois -h whois.arin.net
seems to not be as informative as it used to be.

When looking up various ASN I sometimes get the information I want,
but frequently I get:

   Sorry, you shouldn't see this record.

or

   No match for ASN "..."

(Sample ASes are 2855, 5400, 9057, 11486)

Did I miss some policy change?

-mark

P.S.  Fortunately, various radb-like entities still list
      information for a lot of ASes.