Re: Yahoo! Lessons Learned

  • From: Joe Shaw
  • Date: Wed Feb 09 19:44:51 2000

On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, Dan Hollis wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, Daniel Senie wrote:
> > Dan Hollis wrote:
> > > An ascend TNT makes a rather nice smurf amp
> > funny... there is a "Forward Directed Broadcast" option in the config.
> > Turning this off does seem to work. Of course that doesn't mean folks
> > HAVE turned it off...
>
> Yup, makes you wonder why they havent done it

Ignorance is usually the problem here.

> Doubly confusing if ascend hasnt made it default

The last time I installed a TNT it wasn't even an option.  The last time I
worked with any piece of Ascend gear (pipeline 85), the Forward Directed
Broadcast option was set to yes by default.  This may have changed since
then.

--
Joseph W. Shaw - jshaw@insync.net
Computer Security Consultant and Programmer