Simple? Question...

  • From: NANOG Mailing List
  • Date: Mon Feb 07 04:37:14 2000

Can someone please tell me what I need to do in order to have secondary
interfaces on a Cisco report themselfs as the alias IP rather than the
primary interface IP address in a traceroute?

Example:

FastEthernet 1/0/1 has a primary address of 10.1.1.1
It has a secondary address of 172.16.1.1

In a traceroute, where it would be expected that the box report itself as
172.16.1.1, it is reporting itself as 10.1.1.1

Is there a way to remedy this situation and have it report itself as the
IP address that is actually being used for that flow?