Re: SERVER NAMES

  • From: Ronan Mullally
  • Date: Wed Feb 02 18:57:54 2000

On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, DeepBlue wrote:

> This is a little off of the normal lines of the list. But I am at a loss as
> to what naming convention I should use with my new set of servers.  I have
> already used Southpark, Jet sons,and Warner brothers cartoons.  Does any one
> have any good suggestions other than the Super Friends?
>
> I apologize ahead of time if this email seems useless to some of you.. but
> humor me please.

Last time around I had a few Network Appliance boxes to name.  The first
one was called 'toaster' by default.  That evolved into a general naming
convention along the lines of 'kitchen appliances ending in "er"'.

This time around I've gone for children's TV characters, though I doubt
the likes of Sneaky-Snake and Mr Crow ever made a name for themselves
outside of Ireland...

-Ronan