Re: NON-OP RE: SERVER NAMES

  • From: Faisal Jawdat
  • Date: Wed Feb 02 15:20:37 2000

	operas (admittedly, diemeistersingervonnurnberg.ops.foo.net
		can get a little difficult)
	d&d spells
	piers anthony books
	hurricane names

	at cmu we'd name them after something associated with
	the lab they were in:

	natural disasters (in the computing center, the building
		was a disaster)
	characters in sherlock holmes books (baker hall -> baker street)
	sci-fi planets (the science building)

	i'm currently using retired hurricane names
	we're using retired hurricane names by order of their retirement

	-faisal