Re: Napster & other bandwidth hogs

  • From: ken harris.
  • Date: Mon Jan 24 18:37:59 2000

Ryan Bek [12:57 PM 1/24/00 -0500] wrote:
:I (and I presume many others) have had concerns brought to us about the
:bandwidth hogging apps & services, like Napster Music Community.  As many have
:discovered, applications such as these can consume a good deal of a broadband
:connection, as users can serve up files from their own machines, subverting
:normal firewall configs that can prevent undesired behind-the-firewall
:serving.

there was a c|net report on just this the other day.
it actually is directly related to universities.

school's crack down on net music software napster
< http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1005-200-1527930.html?tag=st.ne.1002. >

:-Ryan-

-ken harris
!k < ken at arpa dot com >