Re: Fw: Administrivia: ORBS

  • From: J.D. Falk
  • Date: Wed Jan 19 16:12:56 2000

On 01/19/00, "Greg A. Woods" <woods@most.weird.com> wrote:

> That's funny.  The kind of service you're arguing against is exactly
> what I expect of my telephone, my cell phone, my pager, etc.  Why is an
> Internet carrier supposed to be any different.  Get with the real world
> Paul and quit fussing about completely meaningless nonsense.

	Speaking of the "real world," ISP's are not considered to be
	common carriers by US law or any other country that I'm aware
	of.  If we were, of course, the whole issue would be VERY
	different, and things like MAPS probably could not exist.

 ---------========== J.D. Falk <jdfalk@cybernothing.org> =========---------
  |       Join the Usenet Cabob: It's a secret society on a stick!       |
 ----========== http://www.cybernothing.org/jdfalk/home.html ==========----