Re: ICMP rate limiting on EGRESS (Warning, operational content inside)

  • From: Paul Ferguson
  • Date: Mon Jan 17 06:30:21 2000

At 09:13 AM 01/17/2000 +0000, Sam Thomas wrote:

ideas that good should have been implemented a long time ago. OTOH, I am
of the opinion that the real problem is neither ICMP nor IP directed
broadcast. the real problem, as I see it, is spoofed-source packets.
This is the principle reason to encourage everyone to implement
RFC2267 -style filtering. :-/

- paul