Re: Fw: Administrivia: ORBS [LONG]

  • From: Andrew Brown
  • Date: Fri Jan 14 18:41:45 2000

>And as far as the court goes:  Guilt, as well as the degree of punishment
>(if any) in a court is usually measured by how easy it was to commit the
>crime. The harder it was, the more intent+effort it took and the higher
>the proceeds of the crime turned out to be, the harsher the penalty would
>be. Which relates directly to how easy the victim chose to make
>it for the perpetrator to commit the crime.

to a certain degree, yes, but if i make it really hard for you to kill
me and you kill me anyway, you're still gonna fry for it, no matter
how hard it was to kill me.

which is kind of the counterpart to the defence of putting a sign on
the front of your gun that says "warning: do not stand in front of".
you're still not allowed to point it at people.

i'm not sure on which side of the fence these statements place me, but
i do appreciate the chance to vent some amusing hyperbole.  :)

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|