Re: Fw: Administrivia: ORBS

  • From: J.D. Falk
  • Date: Fri Jan 14 15:27:15 2000

On 01/14/00, "Henry R. Linneweh" <linneweh@concentric.net> wrote:

> This is really simple to understand, here we have a service that actually aids
> you by informing you of an open relay problem being exploited on your network
> and when people rise above their apathy and eliteness and are grateful that
> someone actually is working on aiding self regulation.
>
> To me A network supporting open relays to the outside world is screwing
> the end user who is the paying customer.
>
> Most people that I have informed did not even realize this was happening on
> their network and were grateful when I pointed out the problem to them, I
> was really surprised at the responses.

	Unfortunately, ORBS does not allow for people who DO know
	about relays, and DO close them, and don't want to be scanned
	anymore.  In the ORBS world, that simply isn't an option.

	That's where most of the sane anti-ORBS sentiment comes from.

	("Sane" obviously does not include folks who actually do have
	open relays.)

 ---------========== J.D. Falk <jdfalk@cybernothing.org> =========---------
  |       Join the Usenet Cabob: It's a secret society on a stick!       |
 ----========== http://www.cybernothing.org/jdfalk/home.html ==========----