Re: Fw: Administrivia: ORBS

  • From: J.D. Falk
  • Date: Thu Jan 13 16:28:59 2000

On 01/13/00, Deepak Jain <deepak@ai.net> wrote:

> > Above.Net really is filtering ORBS.  And if ORBS lists people who block
> > them.....
>
> I could be very wrong on this, and will probably get flamed for even
> jumping in...
>
> But I seem to remember reading on ORBS that they will list people who
> block them (or have a firewall) only manually, and only if they get a
> complaint about spam from an IP. Then it can only be de-listed manually too.

	Nope, they'll list anyone who blocks them, regardless of open
	relay status.

 ---------========== J.D. Falk <jdfalk@cybernothing.org> =========---------
  |  "A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points... |
  |   but it is by no means the most interesting."                       |
  |                  -- Jon Pertwee as Doctor Who in "Doctor Who and     |
  |                     the Time Warrior" by Robert Holmes (BBC, 1974)   |
 ----========== http://www.cybernothing.org/jdfalk/home.html ==========----