SUMMARY: Re: Cable and Local Monopoly

  • From: Paul G. Donner
  • Date: Tue Jan 11 16:44:46 2000

As expected, I got a bazillion responses.  Thanks to all.

The overwhelming consensus is that the key to finding if there is/are
any monopoly controls lies with the franchising authority, generally the
local municipality, rather than the Federal government.  There was one
response in which the person felt that the Federal govenerment did have
some jurisdiction and I will look further into this to see if it leads
anywhere.

Paul Donner
 Consulting Engineering
 Office of the CTO