Re: AS discovery tools / CAIDA

  • From: k claffy
  • Date: Tue Jan 11 13:30:23 2000

curtis

if you mean the
	www.caida.org/Tools/Skitter/
thingie

it's a hyperbolic viewer dwm@caida built on code
developed by Tamara Munzner (Stanford)
	http://graphics.stanford.EDU/~munzner/h3/

so far it works with mrtd routing table data,
(and almost with the subconsistent
cisco output) and skitter topology output files,
more in future as development cycles permit

availability still limited

On Tue, Jan 11, 2000 at 09:35:54AM -0600, curtis l owings wrote:
  A while back I saw a demo of an applet that would display AS number as
  they connect to each other and a color indication of the number of route
  flaps within each AS.  But, of course, my memory is too poor to remember
  which NANOG conference it was or what the name of the tool was.

  I'm specifically looking for a tool that will show an AS and what other
  networks connect to it (I don't really care about route flaps).

  I've done a quick scan of the NANOG site and CAIDA, but didn't find it.

  Curtis Owings            phone: 913-534-2322
  Sprint Broadband          cell: 913-706-6157
  BSC Engineer            page: 1-800-724-3508
  OP, KS          <clowings@sprintparanet.com>
   "Your enemy is not evil in his own mind."