GTEI Filtering ICMP Echo/Echo Replies?

  • From: Martin, Christian
  • Date: Fri Dec 31 12:19:19 1999

Happy Y2K to all!  Looks as if GTEI has begun filtering ICMP type 0 and 8 (I
hope that's all) through their backbone.  I heard that this was because of
DoS threats, but I haven't seen any other commentary on the subject.  GTEIs
NOC claims that they have made no changes.  From some places I can get
through the network, but others fail.  CERFNet and others are clean.
Traceroute works fine everywhere.  Has anyone else seen anything similar?

Regards,
Christian