Re: Fiber versus 24inch water main

  • From: Ron Buchalski
  • Date: Sun Dec 26 11:14:53 1999

From: Sean Donelan <sean@donelan.com>
To: nanog@merit.edu
Subject: Fiber versus 24inch water main
Date: 24 Dec 1999 17:52:31 -0800

On Thursday traffic was backed up around my house.  A contractor installing
fiber along the highway bored through a 24inch water main.  You can see
the results in this picture.

http://www.stlnet.com/postnet/stories.nsf/ByDocID/049A42145BD8D1F88625685100403623

Cool picture. It's too bad that we couldn't get a comparable picture of data bits spewing into the air when a fiber is cut! ;-)

-rb