1q2000 in-addr walk - first notice

  • From: Bill Manning
  • Date: Thu Dec 16 11:29:53 1999

Hi,
        I appologize for duplicates.

The next audit of the in-addr.arpa. tree will begin 01 january 2000.
Since 1997, I've been walking the in-addr tree every quarter, looking
for numbers of delegations, accurate delegations, and types and styles
of error conditions.
        So... this is a heads up that you will be seeing zone transfers
being generated by a couple of the collecter machines here. For those of
you who utilize BINDs access controls, I'd appreciate your inclusion of
the collector machines in allowed transfers. Queries will be from the
following IP addresses:

        128.9.160.57 and  198.32.4.13

        If there are any questions or concerns, I'd be happy to talk
about them.  Past data has been presented at IEPG, Apricot and RIPE
meetings.  The expectation is that future data will be presented in
the same and similar forums.

Online summaries can be found at:
  	www.isi.edu/~bmanning/in-addr-audit.html

--bill