Re: More Specifics of Classful Nets

  • From: Tim Wolfe
  • Date: Mon Dec 06 14:16:16 1999

On Mon, 6 Dec 1999, Steve E. Powell wrote:

> What if the operator had the capability to accept routes based on
> the ratio of good prefixes to bad prefixes received where a bad
> prefix is defined as a more specific of a classful network or a

So Provider A announces his ten /15 CIDR blocks to Provider B, aggregating
huge numbers of IPs into those ten announcements.  He then wishes to
announce 20 "bad" prefixes from customers of /21 or longer.  Under your
plan, that doesn't fly.  Why is it that we assume that a "large" provider
has to be announcing many routes?

-- Tim

* Timothy M. Wolfe, Chief Network Engineer       *
* ClipperNet Corporation / It's a wireless world *
* tim@clipper.net 800.338.2629 x 402	         *
* Sufficient for today = Inadequate for tomorrow *