Host modify broken/NIC?

  • From: Greg Simpson
  • Date: Fri Dec 03 09:51:23 1999

Has anyone else experienced unusual trouble with emailed host
modifications wrt 'network solutions' ?
[And is there a list dedicated to netsol problems?]

Submitting a modify from the owner of the domain generates the following
standard message.. Unfortunately, 'gws@sweet.com'!='gws@sweet.com' in
their eyes, and no ACK rqsts are ever sent to the contacts. I fear
something [else] may be broken..

[Their helpful customer service has indicated multiple times that an ACK
rqst form will be sent to the contacts, and upon learning that this isn't
the case, they get confused and scurry.]

Suggestions eagerly awaited (off the list?).

-g