Fwd: Other types of underground utilities

  • From: wb8foz
  • Date: Sun Oct 24 12:06:15 1999

Mike Heller <mikeh@earthweb.com> writes:
 > I find it interesting that we don't hear about more accidental gas
 > explosions and water main breaks from backhoes.  Are the blueprints and
 > posted warnings more detailed or is there more fiber than utility pipe in
 > the ground?

{Tardy reply}

Ha! I was in the pipeline business. It happens all the time.
See <http://www.underspace.com/>

About a year ago, a woman in a new tract house out by Dulles died
after the basement filled with gas & it exploded. The line had been
nicked -- suspected cause: the electric utility laying THEIR feed.

Every few years, someone hits a LPG line and turns into marshmallow.

A public housing building in Chicago was destroyed when a gas
line was hit -- ?18 months? ago or so.