Re: NSI again removes services

  • From: Patrick Evans
  • Date: Wed Oct 20 12:34:07 1999

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, Louis Lee wrote:

> "John R. Levine" wrote:
> >
> > Try "whois dump domainname"
>
> I've found that not all whois clients pass all the options onto
> the whois server.  Additionally, you may not want to rely on
> another client from within a script...especially if you're trying
> to straighten out your SWIPs for that last /14 assigned to you.

My machines generally come with fwhois, which wants it in the format
'whois $domain@$server'...As you suggest, sending the commands
straight to the TCP port takes care of that.

FWIF, NSI seem to have reinstated the date information. The impression
I got from our account manager was that a lot of people had been
bending his ear over that one :)

--
Patrick Evans - Sysadmin, caffeine addict and beat poet
pre at pre dot org                      www.pre.org/pre