Re: NANOG 17 Peering BOF Meeting Notes

  • From: Simon Lockhart
  • Date: Mon Oct 18 14:48:00 1999

>In regards to the snipet from the BOF notes below, is there any sort of
>prepackaged method to collect and analyze the data regarding traffic flow
>and the originating AS?  (i.e. Some software that does this, or a Cisco
>command that I'm not familiar with yet?)

I believe this is done with netflow exports.

I've not yet worked out the magic combination of software for analysing
the data to produce AS-AS traffic rates - perhaps someone has a convenient
package for it...

Simon

--
Simon Lockhart                      |   Tel: 01737 839676
Senior R&D Engineer, Online         |   Fax: 01737 839665