Re: BGP and memory

  • From: jlewis
  • Date: Wed Oct 13 23:08:02 1999

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999, Phillip Vandry wrote:

> I think you are forgetting that these routes need to be stored in a data
> structure that allows fast queries as well as fast inserts and deletes.
> That index takes space, and your "sh ip bgp" doesn't show you that.

Doesn't Livingston/Lucent claim to be able to handle several full views in
32mb?  What are they leaving out?

 Jon Lewis *jlewis@lewis.org*|  Spammers will be winnuked or
 System Administrator        |  nestea'd...whatever it takes
 Atlantic Net                |  to get the job done.
_________http://www.lewis.org/~jlewis/pgp for PGP public key__________