Re: "Engineer" (Was: Tech contact for Qwest?)

  • From: Woody Weaver
  • Date: Sun Aug 22 21:46:04 1999

At 07:52 PM 8/22/99 -0500, Bryan Bradsby <Bryan.Bradsby@capnet.state.tx.us>
wrote:

>On Sun, 22 Aug 1999, Sean Donelan wrote:
>> In Missouri you can only call yourself an engineer if you hold a Missouri
>> P.E. license
>
>Hehe, same thing in Texas.
>
>In fact one of my customers is the Professional Engineers Board, who will
>ask folk lacking the P.E. license to not advertise as an Engineer, and
>remove the term from their business cards.

I think you are safe saying you are an engineer, just not professional... :-)

Looks like its true for a lot of states.  In California,
http://www.dca.ca.gov/pels/ reports

(quote)

and analyze buildings, bridges, dams, roads, communication systems,
electrical power distribution systems, complex heating, ventilation and air
conditioning systems, and many other products and systems. </p>

electrical, or mechanical engineering or to represent himself or herself as
or use the title of &quot;Civil,&quot; &quot;Electrical,&quot; or
&quot;Mechanical&quot; engineer, unless currently registered by this Board.
It is also unlawful for anyone other than a professional engineer
registered by this Board to use the titles &quot;Professional
Engineer,&quot; &quot;Registered Engineer,&quot; or &quot;Consulting
Engineer.&quot; </p>
(endquote)

--woody
--
Robert Wooddell Weaver               email:  woody@wiltelnsi.com
Network Engineer                     voice:  510.773.7420