Re: IS-IS and OSPF

  • From: Jesper Skriver
  • Date: Fri Jul 30 13:50:59 1999

On Fri, Jul 30, 1999 at 12:51:49PM -0400, Johnson Kuruvila wrote:

> Normally, is there is a need to run both IS-IS and OSPF
> on the same interface on a router? How does the vendors
> today support this?

I can't see any reason to run both. They are both IGP's, and you really
only need one, actually running two gives you nothing but trouble.

So pick one, both has advantages, we picked ISIS because of the ability
to have larger areas, and the ability to increase the update timers.

/Jesper

--
Jesper Skriver (JS4261-RIPE), Network manager
Tele Danmark DataNet, IP section (AS3292)