Re: SYN spoofing

  • From: Deepak Jain
  • Date: Wed Jul 28 14:08:17 1999

While it is easy, it is not always practical because you often have
customers who advertise thousands of prefixes.

Or, in the simpler case, if you transit 500,000 pps on a single outbound
link/router, it becomes very expensive to do per packet filtering
outbound.

At our ingress points, for example, (from peers and customers) we do
filter bogus traffic so we in turn, do not pass undesirable traffic on.
At ingress points where you are only seeing 150,000 pps its not so bad
doing per packet filtering.

Just an opinion,

Deepak Jain
AiNET