Re: AS 1717 and 5511 ?

  • From: Paul Thornton
  • Date: Thu Jul 22 20:02:43 1999

On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, Ulf Zimmermann wrote:

> While doing some analyzing of traffic, AS paths, etc. I saw
> very often AS 1717 and 5511. ARIN doesn't show anything for 1717

Remember when querying the RIPE database, you have to specify "ASxxxx" rather
than just the number:

whois -h whois.ripe.net AS5511
aut-num:     AS5511
descr:       OPENTRANSIT
descr:       France Telecom Reseaux et Services Internationaux

whois -h whois.ripe.net AS1717
aut-num:     AS1717
descr:       RENATER
descr:       Reseau National de telecommunications pour la Technologie
descr:       l'Enseignement et la Recherche

--
Paul