Re: AS 1717 and 5511 ?

  • From: Joe Abley
  • Date: Thu Jul 22 20:02:33 1999

On Thu, Jul 22, 1999 at 04:50:47PM -0700, Ulf Zimmermann wrote:

> While doing some analyzing of traffic, AS paths, etc. I saw
> very often AS 1717 and 5511. ARIN doesn't show anything for 1717
> in the whois database. 5511 shows as being in a block to RIPE.
> Ripe shows nothing for 5511 or 1717. The address blocks seems
> to be all routed to Renater.fr, who is also listed as AS1717-MNT.
>
> Wonder how many more AS numbers are out there not listed....

Which RIPE db were _you_ looking in? :)

  jabley@buddha[95]$ rwhois -h whois.ripe.net as1717

  % Rights restricted by copyright. See http://www.ripe.net/db/dbcopyright.html

  aut-num:     AS1717
  descr:       RENATER
  descr:       Reseau National de telecommunications pour la Technologie
  descr:       l'Enseignement et la Recherche
  descr:       FR
  [snip!]
  admin-c:     DV321-RIPE
  tech-c:      FS65-RIPE
  tech-c:      JU24-RIPE
  mnt-by:      AS1717-MNT
  changed:     rensvp@renater.fr 19990211
  source:      RIPE

  jabley@buddha[96]$ rwhois -h whois.ripe.net as5511

  aut-num:     AS5511
  descr:       OPENTRANSIT
  descr:       France Telecom Reseaux et Services Internationaux
  [snip!]
  admin-c:     JQ74-RIPE
  tech-c:      PJ649-RIPE
  tech-c:      CC254-RIPE