Re: WEATHER: rolling blackouts along the East Coast

  • From: Joe Abley
  • Date: Wed Jul 07 03:14:24 1999

On Wed, Jul 07, 1999 at 01:27:40AM -0400, Dan Foster wrote:

> [perils of 24/7 airconditioning]
>
> Hmm. Those folks might be better served by studying data center environments
> in the South or Southwest - ie Phoenix, Dallas, etc. Those folks generally
> don't seem to be unduly alarmed by operational impact since they've planned
> for it one way or another from day one, AFAIK.

Or those a little further south. It never gets _that_ hot here (certainly
nothing to what they need to engineer around in Australia) but we have
core transmission rooms that have been air conditioned 24/7 for the past
seven years. If you have redundant air conditioning plant, this isn't
such a drama.

Joe (in rainy New Zealand)