Re: route announcement question (political rather than technical)

  • From: prue
  • Date: Wed Mar 24 13:14:48 1999
  • Posted-date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 10:09:25 -0800

Jeremiah,

We don't require a written note from the other ISP.  We do however require
the customer to get the other ISP to send us E-mail saying it is OK.  We
won't route the prefixes unless we get this.  I trust that e-mail won't be
forged.  If the customer does manage to forge it and I get a subsequent
complaint from the ISP, who then asserts they never gave permission, I can
always disable the routes and deal with the dishonest customer.

You are doing just about the right thing.  I think getting written permission
is a bit too officious.

Walt
Los Nettos