RE: ADSUs on DS1 lines

  • From: Chad Skidmore
  • Date: Fri Mar 19 15:55:23 1999

Take a look at the Cisco 3810.

Regards,
Chad

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles Sprickman [mailto:spork@inch.com]
Sent: Friday, March 19, 1999 12:47 PM
To: nanog@merit.edu
Subject: ADSUs on DS1 lines

Hi,

I hope this is on-topic enough (it was in the past)...

Looking at the archives of this list, there was a brief thread about
ADSU/HSSI vs. the AIP card.  Most people came out in favor of the AIP
card, citing such things as brokenness of the ADSU's implementation of
traffic shaping.  So the AIP seems the way to go.

My question then is what can you do when you need to connect to an ATM
cloud via DS1?  So far I've only seen Kentrox and Fore products that fit
the bill.  Anyone using these?  Are you happy with them?  Are they
'broken' in any fundamental way? Any routers available that take a DS1 ATM
line directly?

Thanks,

Charles

--
| Charles Sprickman                       Internet Channel |