Re: How to never see dupes again (was: someone at ti.com - dups)

  • From: christopher williams
  • Date: Thu Mar 18 11:40:09 1999

"Stephen Sprunk" wrote:
> Sick of misconfigured majordomos, incessant cross-posters, and occaisional
> operator error?
>
> Put in .procmailrc:
>
> # Use a cache of Message IDs received to avoid duplicate messages
> # (i.e. same message posted to two [or more] mailing lists will be
> # delivered only once [to first matching procmail rule.)
> :0 Wh:.msgid.cache.lock
> | formail -D 8192 .msgid.cache

If you get as much mail as I do, you'll want to increase the size of the
message-id cache to something along the lines of 16k or even 32k (I got
about 2/3rds of the dupes because the message-ids had already expired out
of my 16k cache).

-cgw-

--
christopher williams                cgw@pobox.com
nana korobi, yo oki                         fnord