Re: BOZO Alert...Re: They're at it again...

  • From: Bryan A. Ignatow
  • Date: Thu Mar 18 09:38:05 1999

At 20:11 3/17/99 -0500, jlewis@lewis.org wrote:
>On Wed, 17 Mar 1999, Joe Shaw wrote:
>

>> Wow.  What's with the lag in some of the messages just now being delivered
>> from the list?  This on is 5 days old.
>
>Take a closer look at the headers.  Some BOZO is bouncing mail back into
>several mailing lists.  Probably a mail<->news gateway gone bad.  I'm
>seeing this on nanog, inet-access (I think), and definitely the bb (big
>brother) lists.  The winner appears to be ignatow@paranet.com.
>
>I've added this to my .procmailrc
>
>:0:
>* ^Received:.*rns-serv\.rsc\.raytheon\.com
>dupes

Everyone is allowed one mistake.

A very simple mistake in a one time bulk mail move caused the mail to be
sent back out.  The process was killed when the mistake was discovered, but
not before several hundred mail messaged escaped.

I apologize for any inconvenience,

---
Bryan A. Ignatow                           Sr. Technical Analyst
ignatow@sprintparanet.com                  Sprint Paranet
(Intranet Only) http://general.srv.paranet.com/~baignato