Re: Fwd: Re: [NIC-990226.52da] Suggestion: Add contact entry to whois

  • From: Douglas A. Dever
  • Date: Wed Mar 17 23:10:34 1999

On Mon, 15 Mar 1999, Owen DeLong wrote:

> If RWHOIS were the universal mechanism for maintaining domain information,
> that would be true.  Here's my line of thinking:
>
> Problem:

[SPAM complaints going to the "wrong" place]

> Solution:

[Adding an "abuse" and a "security" contact]
[snip...]

IMHO, that's what the administrative contact is for.  It's his/her domain
and his/her responsibility.  If they don't like getting spam complaints
from people, then perhaps they should control their domain.  If that
dosen't work, then you address it with their upstream.  Adding more
entries to keep updated to whois is pointless.

-dd