Re: CyberNotes: Network Infrastructure Protection Publication

  • From: John R. Levine
  • Date: Fri Mar 05 20:56:24 1999
  • Newsgroups: local.nanog

>After making fun of the FBI for mostly keeping us up to date on
>important dates in history, did you know April 19 is the anniversary
>of battle of Cambridge between American Minutemen the British in 1775?

Having lived in Cambridge, Massachusetts, where Patriot's Day is a
major holiday, for 15 years, I can assure you that on April 19, 1775,
there was a Battle of Lexington, and a Battle of Concord, but there
was no Battle of Cambridge unless Paul Revere and William Dawes were
battling traffic in Harvard Square on their way through town.

> Is there any date between 1775-1783 that some battle didn't take
> place somewhere?

December 24, 1776.  Washington was getting ready to cross the
Delaware.  He didn't attack Trenton until the following day.

> I thought I would compliment the FBI on their new publication.

I'm not sure I would compliment them, but that does explain a lot.

ObNetwork: "One if by land, two if by sea" is one of the earlier routing
protocols on record.

--
John R. Levine, IECC, POB 727, Trumansburg NY 14886 +1 607 387 6869
johnl@iecc.com, Village Trustee and Sewer Commissioner, http://iecc.com/johnl,