Re: NIC database/whois

  • From: Jon Lewis
  • Date: Mon Feb 08 11:10:11 1999

On Sun, 7 Feb 1999, Becki Kain wrote:

> anyone else noticed the NIC "losing" a set of domain registrations, around
> the time of January 11 (during their "speculator" issues), where the NIC
> took the modify, modified the domain, then reset it to it's previous
> settings (from January 9)?

I have a new domain registration sent in Sun, 17 Jan 1999 21:45:04 EST,
that seems to have vanished.

> also, is there a way to do the old "whois server <server NIC name>" to
> show everything a server is registered for?  I can't seem to get that to
> work, no matter what whois I try.

It looks gone.  Just grab the zones you're interested in from
f.root-servers.net.

----don't waste your cpu, crack rc5...www.distributed.net team enzo---
 Jon Lewis <jlewis@lewis.org>|  Spammers will be winnuked or
 Network Administrator       |  nestea'd...whatever it takes
 Florida Digital Turnpike    |  to get the job done.
_________http://www.lewis.org/~jlewis/pgp for PGP public key__________