Re: AUTORESPONDERS : Gentle Reminder

  • From: Mikael Abrahamsson
  • Date: Wed Dec 23 04:58:40 1998

On Tue, 22 Dec 1998, Daniel Reed wrote:

> Actually, this mailing list neither adds in a "Mailing-List: ..." header
> nor a "Precedence: bulk" header, which are the two easiest ways to spot a
> modern mailing list. I'd suggest you complain to the mailing list
> managers, not the poor people whose [most likely] properly configured
> autoresponders aren't being given the information they should be given.

Also, it seems to use sendmail for its deliveries. This makes it take
10-20 minutes before email reaches me (sometimes more). I wish they would
use qmail instead (for instance). Dont know if they use majordomo but I
have successfully made majordomo use qmail-inject and use qmail for
outgoing list-mail whilst still using sendmail for incoming email (for
flexibility with aliases etc. Makes the transition much easier.

-----
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike@swm.pp.se