Re: ** Forged spamming going on

  • From: Steven J. Sobol
  • Date: Mon Dec 21 15:14:50 1998

On Sun, Dec 20, 1998 at 04:52:21PM -0800, Derek Balling wrote:
> Just as an interesting note.. I seem to recall a spammer doing this in the
> past using a "big name" domain and losing quite a lot of money in the
> process from the resulting lawsuit.

The domain was flowers.com, the ISP was Zilker Internet Park in Texas, and
the judge found for the plaintiff.

Hope this helps.

--
Steve Sobol [sjsobol@nacs.net]
Part-time Support Droid [support@nacs.net]

Proud resident of Cleveland Heights, Ohio, the coolest place on earth.
http://www.ClevelandHeights.com