List of dialups (was Re: ** Forged spamming going on)

  • From: J.D. Falk
  • Date: Mon Dec 21 14:28:02 1998

On 12/21/98, Robert Tarrall <tarrall@ecentral.com> wrote:

> I *would* still like to know if anyone has a list of legitimate SMTP servers
> for the big dialups though.

	Not that I've seen, but there /is/ an RBL-style (at least from
	an MTA standpoint) list of dialups for many providers, large
	and small:

		http://www.orca.bc.ca/dul/

	I haven't done much testing of this yet, so I'm categorically
	not endorsing or condemning it at this point.  That said, I'll
	also point out that I've heard nothing bad about it thus far.

	But again, this won't help Alex directly.

--
J.D. Falk <jdfalk@cp.net>                      "Smoke me a kipper, boys,
Special Agent In Charge (Abuse Issues)          I'll be back for breakfast."