Re: Linux router (don't laugh)

  • From: Nathan Stratton
  • Date: Tue Oct 27 18:31:53 1998

On Tue, 27 Oct 1998, John Fraizer wrote:

> Routing 3 /24's and a /26 using 3 3c905's.  eth0 goes to the cisco->world.
> eth1, eth1:0 and eth1:1 go to an ethernet switch that is serving machines
> from the three /24's.  eth2 goes to a hub for one of our co-location clients.

I tried that several years ago and it blew up, I had to switch to FreeBSD.
At one point I had only PC routers in my network doing full BPG4. I even
had one at MAE-East that was peering with 12 providers at the time
including UUNet and MCI. I started to upgrade to DS3 and connect to
the rest of the NAPs, so I had to ditch them and go with the GRF. At that
time it had a Compaq desktop sitting next to it connected to the switch
with ethernet all I had to do was copy my gated configs. :-)

><>
Nathan Stratton				Telecom & ISP Consulting
www.robotics.net	 		nathan@robotics.net
--
"No king is saved by the size of his army; no warrior escapes by
his great strength."                               - Psalm 33:16