RE: UDP packet/DNS server

  • From: Tatsuya Kawasaki
  • Date: Mon Sep 28 01:54:11 1998

Raymond,

Thnx for a quick reply.
I checked with the person in the charge of the host.
He could not telnet 53 my host. So I believe that is the problem

Since they did not like to have zone transfer.
I create to record to pass "NS" to that host via tying

xyz.com.   IN NS  that.host
*.xyz.com  In NS  that.host

and it works fine when I type www.xyz.com,which give me the
A record but  ... in the daemonlog, I see

Sep 28 14:34:06 auth2 named[8958]: Ready to answer queries.
Sep 28 14:34:16 auth2 named[8958]: bad referral (xyz.com !<
*.xyz.com)
Sep 28 14:34:16 auth2 named[8958]: bad referral (xyz.com !<
*.xyz.com)

Any suggestion? what did I do?

かわさき
TK3197