Re: Frame Relay encap vis-a-vis point-to-point at UUNET

  • From: Chris Wilson
  • Date: Wed Sep 23 11:43:36 1998

On Tue, 22 Sep 1998, Jeff Mcadams wrote:

> Incidentally, we're straight into the router port and still using f/r
> encap.  I'm not really sure of the reasoning behind this, but
> apparently, the edict came down from on high that all new turn-ups would
> use frame-relay encap...even if straight into a router port.  *shrug*

Jeff,

We just turned up a UUNet multimeg connection and we got a direct router
connection with hdlc encapsulation. Sounds like they're doing a great job
of having a consistant policy :)

Chris

Chris Wilson (CW40), Network Engineer                     (352) 375-2912 x4383
Internet Connect Company, Inc. / Atlantic.Net               fax (352) 375-2702